Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Internship - Oncology
Apply by: 2 March 2020
Southfields Veterinary Specialists is currently recruiting for an Oncology Intern, that is registered with the RCVS.
Key purpose of role
We are now seeking a colleague to join our established Oncology team, as the referral centre enters an exciting period of growth in all possible areas. The successful candidate should be keen to further develop and enhance the care and service for our patients and clients and help growing the service.
The oncology intern position offers the candidate the opportunity to improve their experience and knowledge in the management of small animal oncology patients through working within a large team of specialists in this busy referral clinic.
Southfields is a truly multimodal oncology service, with radiation therapy on site. The oncology team comprises multiple European and American specialists in medical and radiation oncology and also board eligible clinicians, supported by nurses and therapeutic radiographers. The team and facilities are growing and evolving and a flexible approach to work is required.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with attention to detail and an interest in companion animal oncology. Participation in an out of hours rota is required.
How it helps you in your career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services. Joining a new team will allow you to develop a service and work within an exceptional team.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Completion of rotating internship in a referral hospital
- Evidence of CPD in Oncology
- Interest in clinical research
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
- EU Citizenship
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- Full-time position
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, life insurance, supported CPD, registration fees and pension
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent location - only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well positioned for international travel links by air and train.
To find out more
Potential candidates wishing to discuss this position informally or apply directly, are encouraged to contact Aaron Harper at: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 2nd March 2020
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 11th March 2020
Commencement of position: 18th June 2020
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.
Please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent, and a curriculum vitae.
* Denotes mandatory fields
« Back to Careers