Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Apply by: 21 July 2019
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a surgical Intern, who will support the 3 surgical specialist consultants in a range of responsibilities.
- Applications close 21st July 2019 - applications after this will not be accepted
- Candidates will be shortlisted and informed shortly after
- Interviews will be commence mid-July
- Position commences October 2019
Key purpose of role
Southfields Veterinary Specialists is recruiting for an intern in small animal surgery. The position is for one year, and you will be part of the surgical team consisting in two ECVS diplomates and one residency trained consultant, which will mentor your cases and surgeries. Our surgical caseload includes soft tissue, oncology, orthopaedic and neurology surgeries. Surgical theatres have been recently renovated and fully equipped for arthroscopy, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.
Our purpose-built referral-only practice is complimented by an excellent multi-disciplinary team and provides the opportunity to develop your career in a pleasant and supportive atmosphere.
This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require team work and dedication to our clients and the team.
How it helps you in your career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services.
The position is ideally suited to candidates wishing to progress to a surgical residency and will expose the applicant to a wide range of specialist lead cases.
Working alongside the two diploma holders, you will be supported through your internship giving you the best possible opportunity to apply for a Residency in Summer 2019.
This position will improve your basic surgical skills and develop your theoretical knowledge through journal clubs, team meetings and mentor support.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Inclination to learn, and develop your skills
- A good sense of humour
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Worked in a recognised rotational internship, ideally in the UK for 1 year
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- MRCVS registered (or eligible)
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- Full-time position
- A generous benefits package
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression
- Excellent location - only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train
To find out more
Potential candidates wishing to discuss this position informally are encouraged to contact us at [email protected]
How to apply
You can apply by completing the application form below, which will be sent straight to the hiring manager.
Please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent, and a curriculum vitae.
* Denotes mandatory fields
« Back to Careers