Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Oncology Nurse (RVN)
Key purpose of role
Southfields veterinary specialists is a referral hospital with both national and international reputation as a centre for excellence. This is an exciting role, working across the oncology and radiation with the oncology and radtion nurses.
The role holder will be part of an experienced and growing team, and will work with the supervision of the clinicians. The team consists of a highly experienced and internationally recognised veterinary specialists, residents, nurses, technicians and interns.
Responsibilities include preparing patients, patient monitoring and care of oncology patients including the delivery of treatments - which includes chemotherapy and radiation. As an oncology nurse you will work with patients and their owners to ensure effective and efficient communication supports the exceptional treatment you will provide.
How it helps you in your career development
This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering, invest in new services and move to our stae-of-the-art purpose built centre. Joining us will allow you to work within an exceptional team and develop your career whilst being exposed to cases from all disciplines.
The centre is going through a period of re-development and the post holder will be responsible for helping to drive this - working as part of a larger team is essential to this role.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- Desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients
- Ability to help develop and shape a growing service
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Inclination to learn, and develop your clinical skills
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Are a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package, CPD allowance and pension scheme
- A good work-life balance
- Opportunities for progression
- Excellent location - only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train.
To find out more
For further enquiries, please email Daniel Hogan at [email protected]
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent. This will be forwarded directly to the Nursing Manager.
Please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent, and a curriculum vitae.
* Denotes mandatory fields
« Back to Careers