Join us, you’ll love it. We promise.
Residency in Small Animal Surgery
Apply by: 15 March 2020
Southfields Veterinary Specialists are currently recruiting for a Resident in Small Animal Surgery, who will support the 3 surgical specialist consultants in a range of responsibilities.
Applications close on 15th March – applications after this date will not be accepted
Candidates will be shortlisted and interviews will commence 16th March
Position commences June-July 2020
The position is for three years with a fixed term contract of employment. You will be part of the surgical team consisting in two ECVS diplomates and one residency trained consultant, who will mentor your cases and surgeries, as well as one surgical intern. You will take part in the surgery out-of-hours rota.
Our surgical caseload includes soft tissue surgeries (including surgical oncology cases), orthopaedic and neurology surgeries. Surgical theatres are fully equipped for arthroscopy, orthopaedic and soft tissue procedures.
Our purpose-built referral-only practice is complimented by an excellent multi-disciplinary team and provides the opportunity to develop your career in a pleasant and supportive atmosphere.
This is a rewarding and challenging role that will require team work and dedication to our clients and the team.
How it helps you in your career development?
- This is an exciting time to join Southfields as we expand our offering and invest in new services.
- You will be enrolled on an ECVS Standard Veterinary Surgery Residency Programme and will be exposed to a wide range of specialist lead cases.
- You will be expected to sit the ECVS Board Exam in Small Animal Surgery to obtain specialist status.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with:
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually
- An inclination to learn, and develop your skills
- A desire to provide the best clinical service to all our patients and clients
- A good sense of humour
The ideal candidate will have fulfilled a rotating/Surgical internship at a referral hospital, have evidence of further education in Surgery and show an interest in clinical research
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- Completed a recognised rotational internship, ideally in the UK for 1 year
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work
- Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK
- MRCVS registered (or eligible)
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Birthday leave
- Structured in-house teaching, supervision and support
- Reasonable on-call rota
- A generous benefits package
- Opportunities for progression and to develop your career
- Excellent location - only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well positioned for international travel links by air and train.
To find out more
Potential candidates wishing to discuss this position informally are encouraged to contact Dr Henry L’Eplattenier, the Clinical Director at: [email protected]
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form below, and attach a CV and covering letter of intent.
Please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent, and a curriculum vitae.
* Denotes mandatory fields
« Back to Careers