The dermatology service, led by an RCVS and European Specialist in dermatology, provides a full work up, diagnosis and treatment of recurrent skin diseases, including investigation and treatment of otitis externa/media via CT, parasitic, fungal and other miscellaneous skin diseases and allergy investigation, including intradermal skin testing.
The multi-disciplinary Specialist team enables a collaborative approach to treatment for patients with underlying disease, such as endocrine or neoplastic disease and presenting with secondary skin lesions.
Advanced clinical services include:
- comprehensive investigation of patients with otitis using advanced imaging (CT) and video-otoscopy for investigation of otitis cases, with access to Specialist surgeons should surgical intervention be required
- intradermal allergy testing for dogs and cats with atopic dermatitis
- treating pruritic cases, refractory to standard therapy cases with an unknown cause of pruritus and patients with unusual lesions
- in-house diagnostic microscopy and cytology, performed at the time of consultation, to allow rapid diagnosis and greater client understanding of the diagnosis, condition and treatments.
Equipment and facilities include:
- Specialist-led advanced diagnostic imaging, including CT scanning, and MRI with bespoke protocols to investigate all types of dermatological disease
- on-site microscopy
- in-house cytology performed at the time of consultation for rapid diagnosis
- state-of-the-art video-otoscope for recurrent otitis investigation
- in-house laboratory to undertake histopathology and microbial culturing under controlled conditions.
Patient case advice
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01268 564664
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a case, the quickest way is to complete our online referral form is by clicking the button below.
If your case is an emergency, urgent or out of hours, please telephone us on 01268 564664