Southfields has a dedicated Specialist-led internal medicine team with extensive experience in acute, chronic and urgent medical problems. By taking an inclusive multi-disciplinary approach, the team work closely with their colleagues in other disciplines.
Many new cases and emergencies are seen first by the medicine team and the continuity of care that we provide means referring veterinary surgeons, our patients and their owners all benefit from having access to a member of the Specialist team, whenever needed. Our team welcomes calls for advice on specific patients and cases, even if no referral is required.
Advanced clinical services include:
- endoscopic techniques
- transfusion medicine with a full range of blood and blood products available on-site, including in-house crossmatching
- continuous glucose meter to allow monitoring of challenging diabetes
- bone marrow sampling
- feeding tube placement and management
- fixed pricing for the most common medical procedures, so please contact us for further information.
Equipment and facilities include:
- superbly well-equipped intensive care units with 24-hour nursing care
- Specialist-led advanced diagnostic imaging including ultrasound, CT, fluoroscopy (contrast studies) and MRI with bespoke protocols
- 24-hour out-of-hours Specialist-led medicine service.
- state-of-the-art endoscopy suite equipped with a wide range of flexible and rigid endoscopes
- soundproof wards
- isolation for infectious patients
- canine wards available based on patient requirements, including larger kennels for giant breeds
- separate feline ward to reduce stress in hospitalised cats.
Patient case advice
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01268 564664
Making a referral
If you would like to refer a case, the quickest way is to complete our online referral form is by clicking the button below.
If your case is an emergency, urgent or out of hours, please telephone us on 01268 564664